I have worked continuously & thrived in ever-changing environments on numerous transformation & improvement programmes including developing & managing PMOs; process redesigns; & system implementations. With a flare for establishing effective working relationships with all levels of the hierarchy and stakeholders I am adaptable with a focus on delivery. I have an engaging & diligent approach to identifying & deploying effective solutions with tangible benefits & results.
HIGHLIGHTED ACHIEVEMENTS (most recent first)
• Havering Council – Designed, managed & delivered a 5-workstream HR Transformation Programme moving the department to a self-service target operating model. I managed the resource allocation of 60 HR professionals & led the programme’s change management aspects such as resistance management, benefit communication, tool & guidance development & training delivery. I led the programme planning & held responsibility for risk, issue & dependency management & progress reporting. The Programme delivered improved relationships between departments; a more strategic, responsive & pro-active HR dept; & clarity on policy & process for all staff.
• Newham Council – Programme managed the development & delivery of new talent & candidate assessment model. I led the programme planning & held responsibility for risk, issue & dependency management & progress reporting. The Programme delivered improved quality of recruited candidates & performance management of existing staff.
• Future Cities Catapult – Redesigned the Corporate PMO resulting in improved management information for project managers, senior management & other stakeholders. I also improved billable activity from 34 to 55% & time recording compliance from 80 to 100%.
• Grant Thornton UK LLP – As the national performance & quality lead on flagship government business support services GrowthAccelerator; Manufacturing Advisory Service; & Business Growth Service, I held a lead role on the National Operations Group & chaired contractual quarterly review meetings with delivery supplier CEOs. I authored the Business Growth Service Operations Manual to high acclaim & considered a benchmark for operations manuals within Grant Thornton.
• Health & Care Professions Council – Redesigned the Corporate PMO including developing an online Project Management Handbook, project & portfolio reports, templates & tools. Introduced improved resource allocation & budget management processes & provided & presented management information to SMT & Committee.
• London Development Agency – Seen as the ‘go-to’ contact for project management queries. Designed, developed & implemented the Corporate PMO & project centre of excellence leading to a consistent Green Book compliant project management approach across a portfolio of 11 programmes & 400 projects with an annual budget of £400m; much improved control & visibility for SMT & Board to make informed decisions; improved competency of circa 200 project managers; & being nominated for ‘Most Improved Council of the Year’ by the Local Government Chronicle.