The Project Manager is in charge of individual IT projects, they may be required to run several projects in parallel to each other, with different customers, using different resources. They also make sure that the needs of the business operations are met through maintaining good working relationships.
The job holder manages, plans, coordinates, controls and steers the overall project execution including milestone management, the project team, reports and results.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Project Management
* Project planning, execution and closure. This includes the management of the resources (people and budget) assigned to the project, as well as project status reporting to the Project Steering Group and IT Prioritisation Board.
* Investment planning and management (planning round for investment).
* Planning and provision of hardware and software.
* Management of change requests / releases during the project.
* Coordination of hardware and software requirements.
2. Relationship, Demand and Architecture Management
* Business Relationship Management, Request Demand Management, Architectural Management to ensure solutions are proposed using the appropriate technologies.
3. Clarification and Conception
* Order Clarification – Preparation of estimates of resources required to deliver IT solutions. Contribute to the development of a business case and the calculation of ROI (Return on investment) calculations.
4. Design and Implementation
* Applications Analysis and technical development when appropriate.
5. Solution Introduction & Change Request Support
* Service Operation handover to Run teams.
* On-going process and application optimization and support.
Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Demonstrable experience in an IT related application or technical area with supervisory or management control over projects and resources.
* Must be able to organise and manage workload to reflect company priorities.
* Evidence of successful delivery of strategic projects with targets.
* Evidence of interpersonal skills appropriate to the role, good communication and influencing skills.
* Analytical and decision making skills.
* Wide-ranging business process knowledge or the ability to gain the required knowledge quickly.
* Experience of complete project life cycles from project initiation to implementation.
* ITIL awareness (IT Infrastructure Library: a set of comprehensive and inter-related codes of practice, useful to achieving the efficient support and delivery of high quality, cost effective IT services.)